Prof Y Narasimhulu
“The library is the heart of all University’s work directly so as regards its research work and indirectly as regards its educational work which derives its life from research work. Scientific research needs a library as well as its laboratory, while for humanistic research the library is both library and laboratory in one” (Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrisnan, 1948)
Sri Venkateswara University Postgraduate Centre Library at Kurnool was started in the year 1977 with a small collection of 2000 books transferred from SV University, Tirupati. Initially, the Library was housed in the college building. It was moved to the present building in September 2013. The Library has steadily grown over the years and now has 32,500 documents of different subjects besides 22 journals of national and international repute. The collection includes textbooks, reference books, gift books, etc. The main sections of the Library are Acquisition Section, Technical Section, Circulation Section, Newspapers Section, Periodicals Section, Reference Section, Competitive Examination Cell, and Administrative Section.